By Lyle W. Pratt. Sunday August 4, 2013
We’ve just launched an awesome new feature!
As you probably know, all Better Voicemail numbers are SMS enabled (they can send and receive text messages). But now, inbound text messages are also automatically scanned for email addresses. So, if someone texts you something like: “My email address is email@example.com”, we will automatically pull out that email address and associate it with the person in your account.
Why is this REALLY cool? Glad you asked!
All of your calls to your Better Voicemail numbers can automatically send callers text messages, and all of your calls and text messages are accessible through our API (or through Zapier.com). So, you can now do something like this:
- Someone calls your Better Voicemail number, but you miss the call
- Your Better Voicemail template is configured to automatically send the person a text message saying something like: “So sorry I missed your call! I’m tied up at the moment, but in the mean time, what’s your email address so I can send you some additional info?”
- The person responds: “no problem! My email is firstname.lastname@example.org”
- We pull that email address out and associate it with the contact
- You have a Zapier trigger automatically initiate a drip email campaign to that caller
Yes, you read that correctly. You can initiate a drip email campaign to someone just from a missed phone call!
This is an extremely powerful new feature and we can’t wait to see how you put it into action. Also, we’re sure our friends at BombBomb.com or HappyGrasshopper.com would love to help you set up an awesome email campaign if you don’t already have one set up.
If you have questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us! We’re happy to help you.
This is the Better Voice public blog. Its our place to share and connect with you!